The working group on "Ethnic youth and transitions to work" deals with the following research questions.
|Dimensions ||Group specific questions |
| Individualisation || |
- How do young migrants and youth from ethnic minorities manage education and labour market entrance? What are their specific problems and coping strategies?
- Which (discriminating) limitations are ethnic minority youth facing in education systems and Labour markets?
- How are they supported by their families and to what extent are issues (education, work, sex, leisure etc.) negotiated in the relation between family and the young person)? What gender differences exist in these respects?
| Learning || |
- What are the challenges of ethnic minority youth regarding involvement in (late-modern) educational contexts?
- What and were do ethnic minority youth actually learn?
- What are the prerequisites of successful ethnic minority youth?
| Culture || |
- Which forms of youth (and peer) culture are developed? In which non-formal and informal contexts does learning take place and how does different contexts contribute to their social integration? How are these cultural contexts recognised by societal institutions?
| Policy Level || |
- Which conditions (possibilities) of individual agency are provided for ethnic minority youth in different transition regimes? What forms of interplay between education systems, labour markets and modes of integration can be found and how do they influence transitions to work?
- How can management of diversity be conceptualised without reproducing segmentation and inequality?
Last Updated ( Monday, 15 May 2006 )